Grilled shrimp on skewers seasoned with cumin, garlic and finished with fresh squeezed lime juice and cilantro.
I use my grill all summer long, and since we LOVE Cilantro Lime Shrimp, I adapted for the grill. This would be perfect for back yard parties as an appetizer, or you can serve this for dinner for 4 people with cilantro lime rice, fiesta bean salad, a big garden salad with avocado, or whatever you desire.
Since making the salmon kebabs last week, I loved how the lemon wedges looked between the salmon chunks, so I thought it would be pretty to do the same with the lime here. Completely optional but if you decide to do this, keep in mind that the lime juice will begin to cook the shrimp if you prep these too far in advance.
Grilled Cilantro Lime Shrimp Kebabs
Servings: 8 • Size: 1 kebab • Old Points: 1 pts • Weight Watcher Points+: 2 pt
Calories: 74 • Fat: 1 g • Carb: 3 g • Fiber: 1 g • Protein: 13 g • Sugar: 0 g
Sodium: 384 mg (with salt) • Cholest:94 mg
- 32 jumbo raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (17.5 oz after peeled)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 24 slices (about 3) large limes, very thinly sliced into rounds (optional)
- olive oil cooking spray (I use my mister)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 16 bamboo skewers soaked in water 1 hour
- 1 lime cut into 8 wedges
Heat the grill on medium heat and spray the grates with oil. Season the shrimp with garlic, cumin, salt and half of the cilantro in a medium bowl.
Beginning and ending with shrimp, thread the shrimp and folded lime slices onto 8 pairs of parallel skewers to make 8 kebabs total.
Grill the shrimp, turning occasionally, until shrimp is opaque throughout, about 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Top with remaining cilantro and fresh squeezed lime juice before serving.
Makes 8 kebabs.
- ^ Cilantro Lime Shrimp (www.gordon-ramsay-recipe.com)
- ^ cilantro lime rice (www.gordon-ramsay-recipe.com)
- ^ fiesta bean salad (www.gordon-ramsay-recipe.com)
- ^ salmon kebabs (www.gordon-ramsay-recipe.com)