These spicy crab cakes make the perfect starter to a special meal or serve with boiled egg noodles and stir-fried veg for a tasty supper dish. You can prepare the cakes a few hours in advance and keep them covered in the fridge then fry just before serving. If fresh crab meat is unavailable use 3 x 170g cans white crab meat and drain thoroughly on kitchen paper.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Add some freshly grated root ginger and a pinch of five spice powder to the mixture to give the crab cakes a more Oriental flavour.
- Place the crab meat in a bowl and flake with a fork. Add the curry paste, soy sauce, lemon zest, cornflour, egg white and basil and mix thoroughly.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and using lightly wetted hands, divide and shape the mixture into 8 small patties.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan until a cube of bread dropped in the hot fat browns in 30 secs. Fry the crabcakes in two batches for 4-5 mins, turning once, until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve hot with salad and lemon wedges.
By Nichola Palmer
Cooked this? Upload a picture to our Facebook page
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.
Loved this recipe? Try these too!
Party food face-off
What do you head for first on the buffet table? Sausage rolls or cheese straws?
61% 489 votes
39% 489 votes
Incoming search terms:
- gordon ramsay crab cake recipe
- crab cake gordon ramsay
- crab cakes gordon ramsay recipe
- crab cakes ramsay
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/preparation/crab-cake html
- gordon ramsay crabcakes
- chef gordon ramsay crab cake recipe
- how to make crab cakes gordon ramsay
- crab cakes gordon ramsey
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/thai-red-curry-paste