Turkey sausage, peppers and onions slow cooked in the crock pot with crushed tomatoes and spices for an easy weeknight meal. Serve this on a roll with baby spinach and melted cheese if desired for a sloppy yet delicious sandwich.
This is good stuff! We all gave it a thumbs up, and I will surely be making this again. Next time I may even serve this over spaghetti squash or pasta.
For those of you on Weight Watchers, the filling alone is 4 points plus, with the bun and cheese it comes to 8 for a filling complete meal; perfect for lunch or dinner. This is easy, inexpensive and perfect for football; you can double the recipe for more servings. If you want to do this on the stove top, simply simmer in a heavy pot for 30 minutes.
For a more traditional Sloppy Joe, made on the stove, try my Skinny Sloppy Joe Recipe!
Crock Pot Italian Sloppy Joe
Servings: 6 • Size: 1 sandwich • Old Points: 6 pts • Weight Watchers Points+: 8 pts*
Calories: 316 • Fat: 11.4 g • Protein: 27 g • Carb: 27.4 g • Fiber: 14 g • Sugar: 7.6 g
Sodium: 461.5 mg (without the salt)
*without cheese: 6 pts plus • filling only: 4 pts plus
- 1 lb Italian turkey sausage, removed from casing
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/3 cups crushed tomatoes (Tutorosso)
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 6 whole wheat 100 calorie potato rolls**
- 6 slices reduced fat provolone (Sargento)
- 1 cup baby spinach
In a medium non-stick skillet, cook the sausage over medium-high heat, breaking up as it cooks into small bits until cooked through, about 5-6 minutes. Add onions and garlic, and cook another 2 minutes. Transfer to the slow cooker and add the bell peppers, crushed tomatoes, rosemary and fresh cracked pepper.
Cover and cook on low 4 hours. Makes 3 1/2 cups.
To serve, place heaping 1/2 cup of meat on a roll and if desired, top with cheese and baby spinach.
Makes 6 servings.
**Use gluten-free bread to make this gluten-free.
- ^ Skinny Sloppy Joe Recipe (www.gordon-ramsay-recipe.com)
Incoming search terms:
- gordon ramsay sloppy joe recipe
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/sloppy-joe-recipe
- sloppy joes gordon ramsay
- gordon ramsey sloppy joes
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/gordon-ramsays-sloppy-joes
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/italian-turkey-sausage
- homemade sloppy joes insanely good
- has gordon ramsay ever made a sloppy joe
- gordon ramsay sloppy joes
- gordon ramsay sloppy joe