Egg frittatas are my answer to an easy, inexpensive meal solution whether I’m having it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. For breakfast, I’ll serve this with a side of berries or fruit. For dinner, I make a salad on the side and call it a meal!
You can literally throw anything into a frittata and call it a meal, but I thought it would be fun to make this one a St Patricks Day theme which of coarse MUST have yukon gold potatoes, and to create a shamrock design, I sliced my bell peppers into flower shapes – completely optional! This one’s vegetarian, perfect if you need a meatless Monday dish idea, and it’s naturally gluten-free.
I’m not sure if there’s anything quite as beautiful as farm fresh eggs. A friend of mine is raising chickens in her yard and gave me some of her eggs and the colors were so beautiful I almost didn’t want to crack them. The yolks are so orange, it’s hard to believe I made this frittata with half egg whites.
Bell Pepper and Potato Frittata
Servings: 4 • Size: 1/4th • Old Points: 3 • Weight Watcher Points+: 4 pt
Calories: 144 • Fat: 6 g • Carb: 12 g • Fiber: 1 g • Protein: 11 g • Sugar: 1 g
Sodium: 127 mg (without salt) • Cholest: 186 mg
- 4 thin slices green bell pepper, sliced into 1/4-inch thin slices crosswise
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1 (7 oz) medium peeled Yukon Gold Potatoes, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Crack the eggs and egg whites into a large bowl. Add salt and fresh cracked pepper and beat until blended.
Heat a 10-inch nonstick oven safe skillet over medium heat. Add the oil and shallots to the pan and cook until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the potatoes, season with salt, garlic powder, paprika and black pepper. Cover and cook the potatoes over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp and tender, about 12 to 15 minutes.
Pour the egg mixture into the skillet. Carefully arrange the bell peppers on top to create a shamrock pattern if desired. Reduce the heat to low and cook until the edges are set, 6 to 8 minutes.
Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the frittata is completely set and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer onto a large plate. Cut into 4 wedges and serve.
Incoming search terms:
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/preparation/bell-pepper-and-potato-frittata html
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/gordon-ramsay-halibut-yukon-gold-potato-recipe
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/gordon-ramsay-frittata
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/yukon-gold-potatoes
- gordon ramsey frittata recipe
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/yukon-gold-potatoes#:~:text=Directions:- Heat a large pot of salted water until boiling a potato masher until creamy