A quick shrimp stew cooked in a tomato coconut broth with a hint of lime and cilantro. Simple enough to make for a weekday dinner yet sophisticated enough to serve to company. Serve this over brown basmati rice to soak up the broth.
I’ve been busy working on my cookbook, so I thought it would be a good idea to highlight this recipe from the archives. This is one of my favorite shrimp dishes, and perfect if you’re observing Lent.
Garlic Shrimp in Coconut Milk, Tomatoes and Cilantro
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1/4 • Old Points: 6 • Weight Watchers Points+: 6
Calories: 272.5 • Fat: 10 • Carbs: 14 • Fiber: 3 • Sugar: 4 • Protein: 31
- 1 1/4 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (weight after peeled)
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- kosher salt (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 14 oz can light coconut milk (50% less fat)*
- 1/2 lime, squeezed
In a medium pot, heat oil on low. Add red peppers and sauté until soft (about 4 minutes). Add scallion whites, 1/4 cup cilantro, red pepper flakes and garlic. Cook 1 minute.
Add shrimp and cook 5 minutes. Add lime juice.
To serve, divide equally among 4 bowls and top with scallions and cilantro.
Adapted from Fine Cooking
- ^ Fine Cooking (www.finecooking.com)
Incoming search terms:
- gordon ramsay shrimp recipes
- gordon ramsay shrimp recipe
- gordon ramsay shrimp
- chef ramsay shrimp recipes
- gordon ramsay shrimp and grits
- gordon ramsay shrimp scampi
- shrimp recipes gordon ramsay
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/gordon-ramsay-coconut-shrimp-recipes
- Coconut shrimp Chinese
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/preparation/garlic-shrimp-in-coconut-milk-tomatoes-and-cilantro html