You know I always feel a little uneasy when I use a cut of
meat that you may not be able to easily find, but in this case I’m posting
guilt free, since this will work beautifully on whichever animal’s ribs you
happen to use. I’ve never actually had this on anything other than lamb, but
I’m going out on a limb. There’s just no way this isn’t going to be great on a
rack of baby back ribs.
beautifully here, which is no surprise since we used that same one-two punch in
a braised lamb shoulder recipe a few years ago. I’d just returned from foodie
nirvana known as the Aspen Food & Wine Classic, and was anxious to share a
recipe adapted from one I learned from chef Richard Blais.
chops were, I remember promising myself that I’d try it on ribs someday. It
took a while, but it was worth the wait. The subtle gaminess of the fatty rib
meat is a perfect foil for the sweet and spicy glaze, which seems even richer
scented by the toasted sesame.
By the way, these are lamb ribs from the breastplate of the
animal, NOT a rack of lamb from the loin, which also has a sort of similar row
of bones attached to the meat. Rack of lamb is crazy expensive, and if you want
to waste a lot of money, cooking it for 3 hours would be a great way to do it!
ribs this time. I’ve decided on small ribs, like these and baby backs, that it
really doesn’t make much of a difference. Also, I forgot and didn’t realize
until I was doing the voiceover! Anyway, I hope you find some lamb ribs (call a
butcher and they will hook you up), or wimp out and use some pork ribs, but
either way, I hope you give these a try soon. Enjoy!
until almost tender, then uncover and glaze with sauce every 5-6 minutes at 400
F., until tender and gorgeous.
Incoming search terms:
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/braised-lamb-shoulder
- braised lamb shoulder gordon ramsay
- gordon ramsay lamb shoulder
- lamb shoulder gordon Ramsay
- lamb shouldergordon ramsay
- lamb breastplate recipe
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/shoulder-lamb-recipe-ramsay
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/braised-rack-of-lamb-sauce-gordon-ramsey
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/preparation/root-beer-lamb-ribs-or-whatever-you-got html
- goeson ramsay lamb shoulder