There puff pastry with strawberries and blueberries of Salt and pepper it is an irresistible fruit dessert! With a game of textures, flavors and aromas that are well balanced with each other: a crunchy note, a soft, sweet and fragrant note given by cinnamon cream and the slightly acidulous note of fresh forest fruit. It is therefore a dessert so tempting as it is light and refined, perfect to serve after a rich and important lunch or to elegantly close a dinner with friends.
Among the most popular cakes to celebrate anniversaries, birthdays and many other occasions, in addition to the simpler ones, made with the classic base of pan di Spain, There is certainly one, always appreciated by all: the a thousand leaves! The original French recipe, known in the rest of Europe as Napoleon, is made with crispy sheets of pasta puff pastry superimposed and combined with a soft and velvety cream, with or without fruit. For the a thousand leaves with strawberries and blueberries, Salt and pepper has chosen to make the puff pastries with the phyllo pasta, a type of pasta of Greek origin, very light, from which very thin sheets are obtained which, generally, are brushed with oil or melted butter, overlapped and then baked in the oven to make them crispy and golden. Fillo dough has an almost neutral taste, so it is easy to combine with sweet or savory ingredients; often, it is used in the kitchen to prepare both tasty and scenic desserts baskets, tantalizing appetizers is savory pies. You can buy it ready-made in rectangular sheets, fresh or frozen.
How to prepare the puff pastry with strawberries and blueberries
1) To prepare the puff pastry with strawberries and blueberries lay 8 sheets of wire pasta on a damp cloth and cover them with another damp cloth: this serves to not let the pasta dry. Then melt the butter in a saucepan.
2) Cut each single sheet in half lengthwise and from each half get 4 rectangles; brush them well with the melted butter and overlap them: in the end you will have to get 16 puff pastry from 4 rectangles each. Arrange 8 sheets on one oven plate covered with a sheet of parchment paper e cuocile in oven hot for 10 minutes to 200 ° C until they are golden. Take it out and gently place the sheets on a sheet of absorbent paper. Do this with the other half of the sheets.
3) In the meantime, slice the strawberries washed; ask i blueberries washed in a bowl, sprinkle with lemon juice and sprinkle with it icing sugar. Mix them and leave them macerate for at least 15 minutes.
4) Prepare the cream mounting the eggs with the sugar and the flour until the ingredients are well blended. Boil the milk with the cinnamon and the vanillin, turn off and let it cool down. Then pour it into the egg cream, a little at a time and always stirring constantly.
5) Transfer everything to the pot in which you boiled the milk and place it on the fire. Cook the cream without bringing it to a boil to keep it from going crazy. Remove the pan from the heat and pour the cream into a bowl, filtering it through a sieve, then let it cool, stirring often.
6) At this point, gently divide the pastry rectangles in half, horizontally. Compose in layers the a thousand leaves in individual saucers: sprinkle 3 of the layers of dough obtained with a little cream, strawberry and blueberry slices, cover with a fourth layer of pastry, sprinkle with icing sugar and decorate the puff pastry with strawberries and blueberries with other fruit.