Baked sweet potato wedges topped with my favorite nacho toppings – these are dangerously good!!
Irish nachos are basically loaded nachos made with french fries in place of the tortilla chips. I was really in the mood for them after my husband kept talking about this pub he used to go to that made the best Irish nachos. My wheels started turning and I knew I had to make them healthier.
Sweet potatoes to the rescue! Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin A, and the sweet flesh is perfect paired with savory-spicy seasonings. I find cutting them into wedges helps keep them sturdier than cutting them into thin fries and it’s quicker to cut. I used a full fat sharp Cheddar from Cabot with a combination of light Pepper Jack cheese to give it a little spice. I think these make a great lunch or could be fun football food this weekend. Top them with anything you like, pico de gallo could also be fun.
Sweet Potato Irish Nachos
Servings: 4 • Size: 1 sweet potato w/ toppings • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 6 pts
Calories: 227 • Fat: 9 g • Carb: 28 g • Fiber: 5 g • Protein: 9 g • Sugar: 10 g
Cholesterol: 10 mg • Sodium: 189 (without salt)
For the Potatoes:
- cooking spray
- 4 medium (about 7 oz each) sweet potatoes, skin on
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Coarse salt and fresh-cracked pepper
- 1/2 bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/3 cup sharp shredded cheddar cheese (I used Cabot)
- 1/2 cup Pepper Jack light cheese
- 1 medium scallion, chopped
- pickled jalapeño slices
- 4 tbsp tomato, diced small
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantrosliced black olives, optional
- salsa, for dipping
Heat the oven to 425°F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with oil.
Cut the sweet potatoes in half, the place the cut side down on a cutting board and carefully cut each half into 3 equal sized wedges. This will give you 24 wedges total.
In a large bowl, combine potatoes and oil; toss well. Season with paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, salt and pepper and toss to coat.
Place potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheets and bake in the center of the oven, uncovered for about 9 to 10 minutes on each side.
Remove from oven and place fries into four small oven-safe dishes (or one large dish for sharing), top with bell peppers, cheddar and jack cheese and return to oven for about 2 minutes, or until the cheese melts. Finish with scallions, jalapeño, tomato, cilantro and black olives. Serve with salsa on the side.
Incoming search terms:
- gordon ramsay sweet potato wedges
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/how-to-make-nachos-gordon-ramsay
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/baked-sweet-potato-wedges
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/baked-sweet-potato-wedges#:~:text=In a large bowl, combine 10 minutes on each side
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/gordon-ramsay-sweet-potato-fries
- chef ramsay sweet potato wedges
- sweet potato wedges gordon ramsay recipe
- vegetarian nachos
- Gordon ramsay nachos
- chef ramsay baked sweet potato wedges