These rose meringue nests have a subtle rose flavour that makes them a great summer dessert. They’re delicate, light and easy to make. Serve with fresh berries, whipped cream and drizzle in chocolate sauce for the perfect finish. These are perfect for making as food gifts for a friend. Just wrap them into an airtight bag and tie with a ribbon.
- 220g caster sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 1tbsp rosewater
- 50g chopped pistachios
Sandwich 2 together with whipped cream and sprinkle with Pistachios for a quick easy dessert.
- Preheat oven to 235F/120C/Fan 100C/Gas Mark 2 and line 2 baking sheets with baking parchment.
- Put the sugar into a large bowl and pour the egg white on top
- Whisk with an electric whisk until the mixture is glossy and forms stiff peaks
- Add the rosewater and whisk for another 2 minutes
- Either pipe or spoon mounds onto the baking sheet
- Bake for 1 hour. Turn off the oven and allow to cool fully with the oven door slightly ajar
By Bronya Seifert
What do you think of this recipe? Leave us your comments, twists and handy tips.
Login with Facebook to save this recipe and start building your online Recipe Book
Login with Facebook
I don’t want to login with Facebook
Don’t want to login with Facebook?
At the moment, the only way to save recipes is by logging in with your Facebook account. If you’d prefer another login option, let us know and we’ll look into adding it for you.
This recipe has already been read 279 times!