Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
This is a delicious curry recipe which is great for a weekend treat when you’ve got your friends coming over. Serve the curry with steamed rice, noodles or pasta such as tagliatelle and Naan bread or Poppadoms. This recipe is quick and very easy to make. The king prawns make it really special. The curry only takes 30 mins to make and is packed full of flavour, spice and plenty of veggies. The coconut milk adds a great, creamy texture to the curry which is perfect.
You can buy yellow curry paste from the supermarket. You could use cooked king prawns instead of raw – simply add them to the sauce right at the end and heat through.
- Pour 200ml of the coconut milk into a wok or deep sided sauté pan and bring to the boil.
- Add the curry paste and lime zest and stir well. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the fish sauce, salt, sugar and remaining 200ml of the coconut milk and the stock. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the prawns and tomatoes and simmer for a further 8 – 10 minutes until the prawns are pink and cooked through and the tomatoes are softened. Add the coriander.
- Sprinkle with the lime juice and serve with rice, noodles or pasta, Naan bread or poppadoms.
By Cathy Seward
What do you think of this recipe? Leave us your comments, twist and handy tips.
This recipe has already been read 369 times!