This savory quinoa stuffing is a delicious, protein-packed, gluten-free alternative to traditional stuffing.
And just a side note, my uncle who doesn’t like quinoa was really impressed with the flavors in this dish. I think I may have converted him *smile*.
Mushroom Fennel Quinoa Stuffing
Servings: 7 • Size: 3/4 cup • Old Points: 2 pts • Points+: 3
Calories: 136 • Fat: 4 g • Carb: 21 g • Fiber: 3 g • Protein: 5 g • Sugar: 1.5 g
Sodium: 113 mg
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed well
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth (vegetarians use veggie broth)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3/4 cup fennel, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 8 oz sliced fresh mushrooms
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
Cook rinsed quinoa in broth according to package directions.
While the quinoa is cooking, in a large heavy sauté pan add olive oil to the pan, then the onion, sauté one minute. Add the fennel, celery, and carrots, salt and pepper to taste; cook about 12-15 minutes over medium heat, until vegetables are soft.
Add the mushrooms to the pan, more salt and pepper if needed and cook, stirring 5 minutes, then cook covered for 2 minutes, or until the mushrooms have released their juice and are cooked through. Add the cooked quinoa to the pan and mix well.
Makes 5 1/4 cups.
This recipe has already been read 761 times!
Incoming search terms:
- gordon ramsay roast chicken chorizo
- gordon ramsey stuffing
- quinoa gordon ramsay
- gordon ramsay roast chicken recipe
- gordon ramsay roast chicken with chorizo stuffing
- gordon ramsay chorizo stuffing
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/gordan-ramseys-gluten-free-stuffing
- Gordon ramsay vegetarian gluten free stuffing
- mushroom fennel quinoa stuffing