A velvety mushroom soup that is low in fat, yet rich in flavor. Perfect for lunch with a sandwich on the side, or makes a lovely first course for dinner.
I first posted this recipe December 2010, back when I was still working a full time job and running home to cook and take photos. Most of those photos are pretty bad, so I am slowly re-shooting them. The photo just didn’t do this soup justice – it’s so flavorful and light at the same time, even my teen who could care less about eating “light” often requests this.
And, it’s so simple to make, the shitake mushrooms give this soup incredible flavor, I wouldn’t substitute them. If you are watching your sodium, you can certainly use less bouillon or replace it with chicken broth.
Low Fat Creamy Mushroom Soup
Servings: 5 • Serving Size: 1 1/4 cup • Old Points: 1 pts • Points+: 2 pts
Calories: 65 • Fat: 2 g • Carb: 11 g • Fiber: 1 g • Protein: 3 g • Sugar: 3 g
Sodium: 571 mg
- 3 tbsp flour
- 4 cups water
- 4 tsp Better than Bouillon Chicken (or 2 chicken bouillon cubes)
- 5 oz shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 8 oz baby bella, sliced
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 tbsp light butter (optional)
Place cold water and flour in a blender and blend until smooth; pour into a medium pot and set heat to medium.
Add celery, mushrooms, chicken bullion and butter and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer until vegetables are soft, about 20 minutes. Remove celery and a cup of soup in the blender, then return back to the pot.
This recipe has already been read 3348 times!
Incoming search terms:
- gordon ramsay mushroom soup
- mushroom soup recipe gordon ramsay
- mushroom soup gordon ramsay
- gordon ramsay cream of mushroom soup
- gordon ramsay mushroom soup recipe
- gordon ramsay pickled celery
- cream of mushroom soup recipe gordon ramsay
- cream of mushroom soup gordon ramsay
- Creamy Garlic Mushrooms Gordon Ramsay
- chef ramsay mushroom soup