Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
A simple but delicious dish with linguine and clams in a piquant chilli garlic and white wine sauce. It’s much easier to make then it may sound and can be cheap when you visit the fish mongers to buy the clams. Great for a week night supper treat. The red chilli chopped gives this dish a light spice with an after kick. The dry white wine based sauce does all the hard work to create a delicious flavor in this dish.
- 1.25kg fresh, frozen or vacuum packed clams, cleaned
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 125ml dry white wine
- 1tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 400g linguine
- Check the clams and if any are open or have broken shells, tap on the work surface and if they don’t close throw them away. Put a pan of water for the pasta on to boil.
- Heat the oil in a large shallow pan with a lid. Add the shallots and cook for 3-4 mins. Add the garlic and chilli and cook gently for a minute. Add the wine and the parsley and tip in the clams. Cover with a lid and cook for a few mins until all the clams are open.
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Discard any clams that have not opened. Drain the pasta and tip into the clam pan. Toss well together and serve.
By Val Barrett
What do you think of this recipe? Leave us your comments, twists and handy tips.
Login with Facebook to save this recipe and start building your online Recipe Book
Login with Facebook
This recipe has already been read 319 times!