The Hairy Bikers
- 4 heaped tbsp of plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 275ml full fat milk
- 2-3 tbsp vegetable oil such as sunflower, or a blob of goose fat
- Yorkshire pudding tins
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, gas 7.
- Sieve the flour with the salt into a bowl and make a well in the centre. Gradually work in the beaten eggs, then whisk in the milk – the consistency should be like single cream. Leave the batter to stand for at least an hour. You’ll need some Yorkshire pudding tins, either individual ones or one big tin.
- Put the oil or goose fat into your Yorkshire pudding tin and put it in the oven for at least 5 mins, until it’s smoking hot. Give the batter a stir, quickly pour it into the tin and watch it sizzle! Quickly put the tin into the oven and bake for about 30 mins or until the pudding has risen to golden-brown perfection.
This recipe is from The Hairy Biker’s Food Tour of Britain, £20 from Weidenfeld & Nicolson. The Hairy Biker’s Food Tour of Britain is available from Amazon.co.uk
Cooked this? Upload a picture to our Facebook page
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.
Loved this recipe? Try these too!
What’s your budget to spend on food and drink for Christmas this year?
- £151+ 26%
- £101-£150 16%
- £71-£100 12%
- £51-£70 9%
- £31-£50 10%
- Less than £30 11%
- I don’t know yet 5%
- I’m not setting a budget 11%
Thanks, your vote has been counted!
This recipe has already been read 633 times!