Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Total time: 50 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Dense and truffley in texture, these brownies are finished off with a lightly fluffy topping of marshmallows and a drizzle of chocolate sauce for extra indulgence. Deliciously chocolately, this easy recipe will make an impressive dessert
- 100g 70% cocoa chocolate
- 130g unsalted butter
- 350g dark brown sugar
- 4 medium eggs, beaten
- 130g self raising flour
- 100g mini marshmallows
- Chocolate sauce to drizzle
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/350°F/Fan 160°C/Gas Mark 4. Grease and line a 30 x 20cm rectangular cake tin with baking parchment. Break the chocolate into a heatproof bowl; add the butter and set over a saucepan of barely simmering water until melted. Remove from the water, stir in the sugar; cool for 10 mins.
- Gradually whisk in the eggs to make a thick glossy mixture. Sift the flour on top and carefully fold the ingredients together until well combined.
- Transfer to the prepared tin, smooth the top and bake in the oven for about 30 mins until the mixture is risen, has a slight crust yet is still slightly soft underneath. Scatter or arrange the marshmallows on top and leave the brownies to cool in the tin.
- To serve, slice into 15 portions and drizzle with chocolate sauce.
By Kathryn Hawkins
What do you think of this recipe? Leave us your comments, twist and handy tips.
This recipe has already been read 741 times!