Have you seen our recipe for sugar and spice cookies yet? They are the sweetest gingerbread men we’ve ever seen. You can loop some ribbon through the top and hang them from the tree as delicious decorations, or wrap them in cellophane, pop them in a gift box and you’ve got a lovely gift to give. You could also get the kids to help you decorate them and use them as presents for teachers or grandparents. They’re really easy to make, ready in just 1hr 20 minutes and using Tesco’s Finest ingredients will make sure you’ll end up with the tastiest biscuits in town! Enjoy. Nichola Palmer – Recipes Editor, goodtoknow
- 270g packet (6 sheets) filo pastry,defrosted if frozen
- 410g jar mincemeat
- 125g (4oz) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 tsp icing sugar
- 8 x 7.5cm (3in) Yorkshire pudding tins, brushed with butter
Filo pastry makes a much lighter case than the traditional pastry – perfect for those Christmas buffets or post-dinner nibbles
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 6 or 200°C. Cut the stack of filo pastry sheets into 10cm (4in) squares. Cover with cling film while you work with them.
- Layer up 4 filo pastry squares in the base of a tin, brushing each layer with butter and arranging the pastry at alternate angles, like the points of a star. Repeat with the rest of the pastry to make 8 tarts. Bake for 10 mins until crisp and golden.
- Spoon the mincemeat into the filo tarts and push several cranberries into each one. Bake for 5 mins, just until the cranberries are softened slightly.
By Woman’s Weekly
This recipe has already been read 345 times!