Use half white and half wholemeal flour in this recipe. Decorate the top of the loaf with a selection of nuts.
- Preheat oven to 160⁰C/325⁰F/Fan 140⁰C/Gas Mark 3. Grease and line a 1kg loaf tin
- Put the margarine, sugar, eggs, flour, almonds nuts, peel and milk into a bowl. Beat together until light and creamy.
- Spoon into the loaf tin and bake for about 1 ½ hours until well risen and golden brown or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes. Turn out onto a cooling rack.
- Heat together the jam and water and stir until runny. Brush the top of the loaf with the jam.
By Cathy Seward
What do you think of this recipe? Leave us your comments, twist and handy tips.
More cathy seward recipes
This recipe has already been read 556 times!