As Christmas gets ever closer, if you haven’t got your food sorted, there’s no need to panic – it might be time to cheat! And cheating doesn’t mean poorer quality when you buy from Tesco’s Finest range. Don’t spend time fiddling around with bacon and sausages – buy your pigs already in blankets! Roasties can be hit and miss – make sure yours are always a hit with Finest Goose Fat Roast Potatoes or follow our easy recipe. Add Christmas cake, pud and mince pies to your shopping list and make sure you keep our roast turkey with olde English chestnut stuffing recipe handy and you’re all set for the big day. Happy Christmas! Nichola Palmer – Recipes Editor, goodtoknow
Impress your guests with inspirational restaurant-style dishes. No need to let on how simple they are to cook. This side of salmon is roasted with white wine, lemon juice and dill and served with buttery hollandaise sauce flavoured with horseradish. Very simple to make for entertaining.
- Serves: 6
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Total time: 30 mins
- Skill level: Bit of effort
- Costs: Mid-price
- 45g (1 1/2oz) butter
- 1kg (2¼lb) side of salmon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh dill leaves
- 150ml (5fl oz) dry white wine
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
For the hollandaise:
- 3 medium egg yolks
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 150g (5oz) butter
- 1 tbsp hot horseradish
Buying a pot of Tesco Finest Hollandaise Sauce will save some time over the busy Christmas period
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 6 or 200°C. Line a roasting tin with a sheet of foil. Rub some of the butter on the foil. Lay the salmon on the foil, skin-side down. Season, then sprinkle with the dill.
- Pour over the white wine and sprinkle with the lemon zest and juice. Dot with the rest of the butter. Roast for 20 minutes until the fish is tender, flaking and just turning golden.
- To make the hollandaise sauce: Whizz together egg yolks, lemon juice and wine with a pinch of salt in a food processor. Heat the butter until it is very hot. Give the egg mix another quick whizz. With the motor running slowly, drizzle in the very hot melted butter, then add the horseradish.
- Serve the salmon warm or cold with the hollandaise.
By Woman’s Weekly
This recipe has already been read 462 times!
Incoming search terms:
- gordon ramsay hollandaise sauce
- gordon ramsay roast chicken chorizo cannellini beans
- gordon ramsay chicken stuffed with chorizo and cannellini beans recipe
- gordon ramsay roast chicken with chorizo and cannellini bean stuffing recipe
- gordon ramsay roast chicken stuffed with chorizo and cannellini beans recipe
- gordon ramsay stuffed chicken chorizo cannellini beans
- gordon ramsay chicken chorizo cannellini beans
- gordon ramsay stuffed chicken with chorizo and cannellini beans
- gordon ramsay chorizo stuffed chicken
- hollandaise sauce gordon ramsay