Free & easy recipe video: Watch new how-to recipe videos with goodtoknow and Woman’s Weekly see all videos >
Sausages are a firm family dinner favourite, but instead of serving with chips, mix things up with this pan fry recipe the whole family will love. A tasty supper dish of red and yellow peppers flavoured with garlic and sweet chilli sauce, served with pan cooked thin pork sausages. With all the different flavours packed into one, we think this could soon become one of your midweek must makes. This recipe tastes best served over a bed of fresh pasta.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
For a fruity twist, core and thickly slice an eating apple, then mix into the pan when you add the sausages.
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 pork chipolatas
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and stir fry the peppers for 5 mins until lightly browned. Add the garlic and chilli sauce and continue to cook, stirring, for a further 5 mins. Season to taste.
- Put the sausages in the pan and cook over a medium heat for a further 15 mins, turning the sausages occasionally, until browned and cooked through.
- Serve straight from the pan, accompanied with crusty bread or freshly cooked pasta.
By Kathryn Hawkins
Cooked this? Upload a picture to our Facebook page
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.
Loved this recipe? Try these too!
Delia Smith is no longer the face of Waitrose but Heston Blumenthal will stay – whose food would you rather eat?
- Delia Smith’s classic meals 77%
- Heston Blumenthal’s crazy inventions 10%
- Neither 13%
Thanks, your vote has been counted!