Free & easy recipe video: Watch new how-to recipe videos with goodtoknow and Woman’s Weekly see all videos >
Get your friends round and impress them with these amazing slow-cooked shoulder of pork burgers. Marinate your pork overnight and slow cook for about 6-8 hours
- Make in advance
To save space when marinating the pork in sauce, put it in a freezer bag and seal: This also makes it easy to massage the sauce around the meat so it’s evenly coated.
- 1.5-2kg (3-4lb) boneless pork shoulder
For the sauce:
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 8 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 4 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp dark muscovado sugar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Baps, coleslaw and chips, to serve
- To make the sauce: Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Spread the sauce thickly over the pork and put it in a bowl, cover with cling film and leave it to marinate in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours, or overnight.
- Put the pork and sauce into a slow cooker and place on the low heat setting for 8-10 hours, without opening the lid, or until the pork is very tender. Or, cook in a covered dish in the oven at 140°C/275°F/Gas Mark 1 for about 6-8 hours, or until the meat is tender, basting it occasionally with the sauce.
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker or oven and leave it to rest for about 10 mins.
- Pour the liquid into a small pan and skim off any fat. Boil to reduce and thicken slightly.
- Place the pork on a board and cut off the skin and any visible fat. Use 2 forks to shred the meat into small pieces and stir into the sauce. Serve hot in baps, along with coleslaw and chips
By Sue McMahon
Cooked this? Upload a picture to our Facebook page
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 271(kcal)
- Fat 8.0g
- Saturates 2.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.
Loved this recipe? Try these too!
Which day of the week do you do the bulk of your food shopping on?
- Monday 6%
- Tuesday 5%
- Wednesday 5%
- Thursday 12%
- Friday 17%
- Saturday 16%
- Sunday 6%
- Different days every week 18%
- In small bits all through the week 15%
Thanks, your vote has been counted!
Incoming search terms:
- gordon ramsay pulled pork
- gordon ramsay pulled pork recipe
- pulled pork gordon ramsay
- pulled pork recipe gordon ramsay
- gordon ramsey pulled pork
- pulled pork recipe hairy bikers
- gordon ramsay pork shoulder
- hairy bikers pulled pork
- gordon ramsay pumpkin soup
- gordon ramsey pulled pork recipe